Why Servicing Your Boiler This Autumn Has Never Been More Important
Servicing Your Boiler
Winter 2022 is shaping up to be an expensive time for anyone living in the United Kingdom. With inflationary pressures showing no signs of slowing down, the cost of living crisis seems to get worse by the day, and the cold nights coming ever closer, it is essential that we do everything possible to save ourselves some money.
Heating is likely to be one of the biggest challenges because although, in theory, we could all wear heavy coats and sit in our houses with gloves and hats on, is that really any way to live?
In reality, we will need to switch on our central heating, which is why our boiler and central heating system must be working at maximum efficiency.
Why Is It Important To Have Your Boiler and Controls Serviced
There is a multitude of reasons why you should have your boiler serviced at least once per year. Let’s look into those a little closer.
- Efficiency – Although we don’t often think about it, if you have a combi boiler, it is working every day of the year. Whether that is in the winter firing up your central heating or throughout the year ensuring you have steaming hot water, your boiler never gets a day off. In just the same way you service your car every year, it is critical that your boiler is serviced annually to ensure it is working at maximum efficiency and not costing you additional money you don’t need to spend.
- Identify Small Problems Before They Become Huge Issues – An annual service could potentially save you thousands of pounds by identifying an impending or minor problem before it has the opportunity to develop. With a new boiler costing over one thousand pounds, an annual service could potentially save you a lot of time, money and discomfort.
- Keeps You and your Family Safe – Gas boilers always run the risk of having a carbon monoxide leak. Carbon Monoxide can cause serious illness and could potentially put your family in danger, which is another reason why it is critical to have your boiler regularly serviced.
- A Quick and Easy Process – Having your boiler serviced with More Heat is a quick and easy process. Everything is designed to be quick and easy for our customers, from booking the service to having the service done. And to make things even easier, we will contact you a month before your next service is due to ensure you do not miss your annual service.
- Maintains Your Boiler’s Warranty – Have you ever read or looked at the terms and conditions of your boiler’s warranty? Many people are unaware that although the boiler comes with a warranty, it is conditional on having it professionally serviced every year. If a problem does develop and you cannot prove that it was serviced in line with the manufacturer’s recommendations, then any warranty may be null and void.
For all your boiler servicing needs and requirements in South Devon, call MoreHeat today on 01803 605509